Not get answer (or discussions) in time here

xiaoqi

Hi all, and Hi Forum Moderator,

We're recently started learning and pilot on Essential Open Source edition, one reason is we want to have a way to host the repository on-prem. During the learning and practicing of make initial repository work, we faced quite a lot questions since we're new here.

I posted several questions here in the forum, mainly in OpenSource group, willing to seek help from project team as well as learn from others' experience, however, my questions are not viewed or not answers in couple of days.

Is this forum kept actively maintained? How can we keep the forum hot? I think we need to get in-time response from one joint maintained forum, not just waiting and then we have to try many workaround without your formal coaching.

Or is the Open Source edition treated as the lower priority since you don't want to take time on this?

I'd also want to live in one active forum and also contribute my practices in.

Thanks for your noticing,
Xiaoqi
neil.walsh

Hi Xiaoqi,

Essential Open Source is supported on a best endeavours basis by the team. We need to balance this against customer demand from our commercial customers. Taking a look, I can see you have posted about 20 different questions in the past few weeks, most of which have a response fairly quickly. If you do need more timely responses you may wish to contact EAS to consider commercial support options for your organisation.

One or two of the questions look like they may be a bug, but that will investigation (time) on our side. You may find some answers to others in our documentation.

https://university.enterprise-architecture.org

We do try to get around to answering as many questions as we can. We thank you for your patience and engagement with the Essential Project.

Cheers

Neil
xiaoqi

Thanks a lot Neil for your quick response.

Please do not take me wrong, I'm not actually criticize, but just want to ensure I'm engaging in the right manner and approach ;-)

Fully understand that every question need turn around time, thanks again! And at the same time, this is the learning curve for our team to adopt this and gain more knowledge.

Regards,
Xiaoqi