Error in Essential Viewer

waikok_tham

Hi,
I am using Protege 3.4.8 and with essential_demo_emm3.5.

In Essential Architecture Reporting, I successfully publish the repository.

However, when I go to localhost:8080/essential_viewer, I got an error whereby the log file show the following:

Error on line 1 column 1 of file:/C:/Tomcat/webapps/essential_viewer/:
SXXP0003: Error reported by XML parser: Content is not allowed in prolog.
Error at xsl:value-of on line 78 column 85 of errorView.xsl:
XPST0081: XPath syntax error at char 18 on line 78 in {eas:i18n('Filter')}:
Undeclared namespace prefix {eas}
javax.xml.transform.TransformerConfigurationException: Failed to compile stylesheet. 1 error detected.
at net.sf.saxon.PreparedStylesheet.prepare(PreparedStylesheet.java:212)
at net.sf.saxon.TransformerFactoryImpl.newTemplates(TransformerFactoryImpl.java:131)
at net.sf.saxon.TransformerFactoryImpl.newTransformer(TransformerFactoryImpl.java:86)
at com.enterprise_architecture.essential.report.EssentialViewerEngine.reportErrorMessage(EssentialViewerEngine.java:839)
at com.enterprise_architecture.essential.report.EssentialViewerEngine.generateView(EssentialViewerEngine.java:663)
at com.enterprise_architecture.essential.report.ReportServlet.doGet(ReportServlet.java:196)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:617)

Any idea how to fix this error?

Many thanks.

Regards
Tham
jonathan.carter

From the error message, it seems you are publishing the Version 3 demo to a Version 4 installation. This is the same bug as raised here.

We are working on a patch release for the Version 4 viewer to resolve the specific error that you are seeing - which is related to a small bug introduced when the out-of-the-box views were marked up for translation (part of the internationalisation framework).

However, the Version 3.5 demo is not configured correctly to work properly with Version 4. The upgrade pack will be available very shortly - and from that the Version 4.0 demo will be produced. More information about Version 3 demo and Version 4 Essential Architecture Manager.

We'll post back when we have some updates on these

Jonathan
Essential Project Team
waikok_tham

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for your feedback. Will wait for the update.

Regards
Tham
jonathan.carter

Hi Tham,

We've released a new version of Essential Viewer that will resolve these issues.
The new version is available in the updated 'essentialinstall4.jar' installer. Download and run this new installer, selecting only the Essential Viewer component.

Jonathan
Essential Project Team
waikok_tham

Hi Jonathan,
I tested 4.0.1 and the viewer working fine.

Thanks.

Regards
Tham
Nahrun

Essential Viewer Error

Oops! Essential Viewer encountered an error with the request View Template XSL stylesheet

Failed to compile stylesheet. 1 error detected.

Fatal Error: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException; systemId: file:/C:/Program%20Files/Apache%20Software%20Foundation/Tomcat%207.0/webapps/essential_viewer/; lineNumber: 1; columnNumber: 1; Content is not allowed in prolog.
Enable the 'Detailed Error Message' filter to view more information about this error.

For more information about how to resolve this error, visit Essential Viewer Error Messages articles.

Detailed Error Messages

javax.xml.transform.TransformerConfigurationException: Failed to compile stylesheet. 1 error detected.

at net.sf.saxon.TransformerFactoryImpl.newTemplates(TransformerFactoryImpl.java:131)

at net.sf.saxon.TransformerFactoryImpl.newTransformer(TransformerFactoryImpl.java:86)

at com.enterprise_architecture.essential.report.EssentialViewerEngine.generateView(EssentialViewerEngine.java:537)

at com.enterprise_architecture.essential.report.ReportServlet.doGet(ReportServlet.java:196)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:621)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:728)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:305)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:210)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:222)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:123)

at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:472)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:171)

at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:99)

at org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:947)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:118)

at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:408)

at org.apache.coyote.http11.AbstractHttp11Processor.process(AbstractHttp11Processor.java:1009)

at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:589)

at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(JIoEndpoint.java:312)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

essential vewer error
please help me!!!
Nahrun

Hi,
I am using Protege 3.4.8 and with essential_demo_emm3.5.

In Essential Architecture Reporting, I successfully publish the repository.

However, when I go to localhost:8080/essential_viewer, I got an error whereby the log file show the following:

Detailed Error Messages

at com.enterprise_architecture.essential.report.EssentialViewerEngine.generateView(EssentialViewerEngine.java:537)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:621)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:728)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:305)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:210)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:222)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:123)

at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:472)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:171)

at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:99)

at org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:947)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:118)

at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:408)

at org.apache.coyote.http11.AbstractHttp11Processor.process(AbstractHttp11Processor.java:1009)

at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:589)

at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(JIoEndpoint.java:312)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Please help me to fix this error?

Many thanks.
jonathan.carter

Can you confirm a couple of details, please?

You mention that you're using demo 3.5, which version of the Essential Viewer are you using? Have you downloaded version 4.0.1
NOTE: This is NOT related to the version of Protege (3.4.8) that you have quoted.

Also, could you confirm which view you are trying to access when you get this error?

Thanks

Regards

Jonathan
Essential Project Team
Nahrun

i'm using
essential version 4.0.1
portege 3.4.8
apache tomcat 7.0
graphviz 2.26.3
Nahrun

neil.walsh

Hi,

Demo 3.5 will not work with Essential Version 4.0. You need to download the Demo 4 sample repository

http://www.enterprise-architecture.org/ ... ositories/

Neil