Business Process Model - Activity not showing

klawry38

Hi Guys, I've been experimenting with the business process model capabilities of the Essential Viewer and for any process flow that has a decision point the diagram only displays the activities leading up to the decision point. The activities table (below the diagram) lists all the activities defined (except the decision point). The online demo samples display complete flows so I'm pretty sure it's something I haven't completed correctly.
Any hints will be gratefully received.
BTW: The sample v5.05 repository also exhibits the same issue that I have.

Thanks
Keith
JohnM

Keith,

Apologies for the delay. The current flow diagram is quite unforgiving, we're going to release a new one that looks like the one in the demo. We're testing today and will get it uploaded here (hopefully) in the next day or so. That is much less stringent in the way it renders and will help us get to the bottom of this.

John
PS It will be part of the next release, but that's a few weeks away yet.
JohnM

Attached are the two files you need for the new process model style. See http://essentialviewer.com/demo/uml_mod ... s&cl=en-gb to see the style.

This will be in the next release, but if you want them working before then, drop these two files in the business folder of the viewer, just overwrite the existing files.

Any problems then let us know.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
klawry38

Hi John,
Thanks for the files :) . Unfortunately when I attempt to run the view nothing appears to happen :( .
The Tomcat console shows "Recoverable error on line 46 of core_utilities.xsl:
FODC0005: java.io.FileNotFoundException:
D:\tomcat\webapps\essential_viewer\language\.xml (The system cannot find the file specified)"
and the log shows a severe exception thrown (something to do with "getOutputStream has already been called......".
Are there any other updated files I should have? Or will it be easier to wait for the next update?

Cheers
Keith
neil.walsh

Hi Keith,

Can you check you have a folder called "uml" under the graph_images folder in the Viewer web app. If you haven't, then create the folder and try to access the diagram once again.

The error relating to the "D:\tomcat\webapps\essential_viewer\language\.xml" line can be safely ignored. This is an error on the error page which we've fixed in the next release.

If you are able to post some or all of the log file then that would be useful. Feel free to obfuscate any data you might wish to keep hidden.

Thanks

Neil
klawry38

Hi Neil,
Thanks for the quick reply - much appreciated. The uml directory does exist but with no entries in it (before or after running the request). Have copied a section of the log file that shows a java exception being thrown - hopefully that will help. Let me know if there's anything else you want me to do, try, etc to assist in resolving.

Cheers
Keith

Mar 08, 2017 9:29:39 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve invoke
SEVERE: Servlet.service() for servlet [jsp] in context with path [/essential_viewer] threw exception [java.lang.IllegalStateException: getOutputStream() has already been called for this response] with root cause
java.lang.IllegalStateException: getOutputStream() has already been called for this response
at org.apache.catalina.connector.Response.getWriter(Response.java:678)
at org.apache.catalina.connector.ResponseFacade.getWriter(ResponseFacade.java:213)
at javax.servlet.ServletResponseWrapper.getWriter(ServletResponseWrapper.java:104)
at org.apache.catalina.filters.ExpiresFilter$XHttpServletResponse.getWriter(ExpiresFilter.java:591)
at org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspWriterImpl.initOut(JspWriterImpl.java:125)
at org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspWriterImpl.flushBuffer(JspWriterImpl.java:118)
at org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.release(PageContextImpl.java:194)
at org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspFactoryImpl.internalReleasePageContext(JspFactoryImpl.java:126)
at org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspFactoryImpl.releasePageContext(JspFactoryImpl.java:80)
at org.apache.jsp.uml_005fmodel_jsp._jspService(uml_005fmodel_jsp.java:231)
at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:70)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:727)
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:432)
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:395)
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:339)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:727)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:303)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:208)
at org.apache.tomcat.websocket.server.WsFilter.doFilter(WsFilter.java:52)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:241)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:208)
at org.apache.catalina.filters.ExpiresFilter.doFilter(ExpiresFilter.java:1179)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:241)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:220)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:122)
at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:503)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:170)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:103)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:950)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:116)
at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:421)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.AbstractHttp11Processor.process(AbstractHttp11Processor.java:1070)
at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:611)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(JIoEndpoint.java:314)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.TaskThread$WrappingRunnable.run(TaskThread.java:61)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
neil.walsh

Hi Keith,

Just a quick follow up to say we're planning to release a new version of Essential in the next few days and this will contain an updated version of the Business Process Model which is a lot more tolerant of different modelling approaches.

Perhaps you can post back if you get the chance to test this.

Cheers

Neil
klawry38

Hi Guys,
A couple of tests have revealed the inability to display the process model has been rectified :) - with one, maybe, slight anomaly. i.e. The process model displays but the display of the decision point seems a bit weird. The name of the decision appears in the same box type as for normal activity steps, then just below that is a diamond (with no annotation). The "No" path shows form the diamond to the appropriate activity. The "Yes' path starts from a separate "else" box (again, to the appropriate activity).I've attached a screenshot that will, hopefully, make my description a bit clearer. The question I have: Is this normal behaviour?
Another question is: Each activity displays (in light grey) "No Role Defined". Have tried a number of options but none seem to come through to the viewer. Any pointers on this would be appreciated - thanks.

Cheers
Keith
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
neil.walsh

Hi Keith,

We discovered a similar issue very shortly after release.

We've just released a minor update which addresses this and some other issues with Viewer. You can find it on the downloads page

http://www.enterprise-architecture.org/downloads/

The release notes for this release can be found here

http://www.enterprise-architecture.org/ ... ease-notes

Thanks

Neil