No Menu Items defined

EntArtJoe

Hi there
I'm sure this is a very easy questions, but I can't find the answer on the forum.
I've populated the "Business Function/Service Model" and the view/report is working ok, but the first column "Business Services" is shown in blue with hyper-links, when I click on them I get the error message. "No Menu Items defined"

Would appreciate a step by step explanation of this please.

Regards
Joseph
neil.walsh

Hi Joe,

There should be two views (instances of Report) in the baseline repository that relate to Business Services.

Business Service Summary
Core: Business Service Interaction Model

These should appear in the View Library from the Viewer. Can you confirm these are working from here? Have you disabled these in or deleted these from the repository?

The Menu's are configured in the menu management section of the repository under Essential Viewer. Take a look at the screenshot attached and check they match with what you've got in your repo.

Let me know how you get on.

Thanks

Neil
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
EntArtJoe

Hi there
I've found the Product Type General Menu Group you showed in the screen shot, and I was able to find the 2 reports you listed in the Reports Section,
My only remaining issue is how to link the reports to the menu. I could not find a menu group or item called Business Service Summary, so I created one and now when I click on the link in the Summary report, I get a pop up box with "Business Service Views:" in it, but nothing else.

Any tips on what the entry in the Report Menu Browser form for "Business Service Generic Menu" -> Slot called "Menu Classes" should be, I think I'm trying to look at the wrong class to begin with. Not suer why this got broken, but anyway, appreciate all your help.

Regards
Joseph
neil.walsh

Hi Joseph,

Rather than post more screenshots, I thought it might be more useful to send you an empty baseline repository in case you don't have a copy of this already. You can open this and compare it to your current repository.
essential_baseline_v506.zip
We use the Product_Type class to represent Business Services so you're looking for

Product Type Generic Menu under the Report_Menu class.
Product Type General Menu Group under the Report_Menu_Group

It's possible to have two copies of Protege open simultaneously if you open the second one from the command line using the run_protege.bat file. Alternatively, you can take your own screenshots for comparison between the two.

Cheers

Neil
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
EntArtJoe

Hi there
Thanks for the zip file, I'm at work at for some reason I get a message saying I'm not authorised to download the file?

Do you think this could be a work network issue?

Thanks
Joseph
EntArtJoe

Hi again,

Followed your lead and fixed tit by going back to the source I downloaded, even though I couldn't get to the Zip.

Thanks again for all the help

Regards
Joseph