IT Contact for Application Provider

jkazmi

Hello,

I noticed that even if I define an IT Contact role in the Application Provider's "Stakeholder" slot, the information doesn't appear in the application provider view.

Could you please advise why this is happening? How can I fix it?

(Using Essential 4.3 )

Thanks
colinfrewen

Hi,

You need to have set up a relationship which is an actor to role relationship. IE: John Peter as IT Contact.

The single stakeholder IE: Individual is not seen as a stakeholder without the link. If you need to differentiate owner, contact, business owner etc you could create a new slot which makes the reporting easier or what we did is create some new structures in our reports which look at the relationship rather than at the slot.

Colin
jkazmi

Thank you so much for the reply. I checked the actor-to-role relationship and it is currently setup. I've attached screenshots so you can see how I have defined the actor-to-role and provider-to-stakeholder relationships.

I am still missing a critical link. Would greatly appreciate your insights.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
colinfrewen

Ok,

Looks correct, in application_provider when you select the stakeholder do you select the instance of actor to role or and individual?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jkazmi

I selected the Actor-to-Role relationship but nothing shows up....just curious, which web page does the contact show up on? I don't even see a section in Application Provider Summary web page for "Stakeholders".
colinfrewen

No, you need to define what type of stakeholder you want to show on the report, for example:

You may want to have:

Application Owner
IT Contact
Business Owner or even users of the application, these are all types of stakeholders that are defined through their relationship. There is already a report "Stakeholder Summary" that shows the roles a stakeholder plays. You can use the role to define sections in the application capability report, id this is how you want to report.

something like:

Code: Select all

<xsl:variable name="appProRoles" select="/node()/simple_instance[own_slot_value[slot_reference='role_for_application_provider']/value = current()/name]"/>
I cant remember the original code we have heavily modified but should be able to figure out how to pull out the roles you want.
jonathan.carter

Hi,

Colin is right about how to find the list of stakeholders. These are not listed on the version 4 Application Provider Summary view but are listed in a section called "Roles and People" in the version 5 Application Provider Summary.

Jonathan
Essential Project Team