How To Model Business Process IT Change Analysis

Shiv Singh

Hi Team,
I am working on "As-IS" to "To-Be" meta model. I have successfully model the "Business Process Change Analysis" view as per our road map(attached herewith) but when i am trying to populate "Business Process IT Change Analysis" i could not. I went through the manual http://localhost:8080/essential_viewer/ ... 0&cl=en-gb and performed the same steps but i could not model all the planning action legends, i.e. keep, enhance, replace.

It is only showing keep even I set planning actions as enhanced. It would be very grateful if you can guide me in detail how i can model this view with all planning action.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jonathan.carter

It may be simplest to resolve this if you could zip up and send us your repository.
However, before we do this, let me summarise the logic that drives the 'Enhance' and 'Replace' buttons on that table to make sure that there's not a missing connection in your model. I do appreciate that the modelling for this is very subtle.

To get an "Enhance" label in the table, the element needs to be in both the current and future states and there must be one or more Strategic Plans defined in a transition of that Roadmap in which this element is connected and the planning action is set to "Enhance".

To get a "Replace" label showing, there must be a plan to decommission the selected element and that plan must be on a transition in the roadmap. In addition, there must be a connected plan (via its 'supports_strategic_plan' slot) that shows that the element(s) in there replace those that are in the decommission plan.
  • Requires Elements that have a strategic plan whose planning action is set to Decommission in the Baseline and Replace in the Target.
  • The target strategic plans must be set to support the baseline strategic plan.
Looks like you are very close as you have the "Keep" buttons showing. It's important that the current state and target state elements are in a Business Strategic Plan and that the applications are connected via the APP_PRO_TO_PHYS_BUS_RELATION, which will require modelling the processes to the physical level. Alternatively, you could use the APP_SVC_TO_BUS_RELATION.
From the screenshots it looks like you have these in place, so hopefully, some more information on the settings that switch on the buttons will help

Jonathan
Essential Project Team