Cache error after sending snapshot to Report Service

harcher

Has anyone see this error when using Essential Architecture Reporting to publish to Report Service?
<< Failed to send snapshot to Report Service: Essentail Viewer ReportService encountered an internal error while receiving your repository snapshot. Contact your system administratro and check Essential Viewer server logs for errors, e.g. memory exceptions.>>

This may be a newbie error, since I'm just getting started. Thanks.
harcher

One more thing to add. My web log showed: ThreadName=http-thread-pool-8080(4);|EasReportService: Could not clear Essential Viewer Cache successfully.|#]
HTH.
Thanks.
-Howard
jmk

This error maybe tomcat related.

I'd check owner rights for ${TOMCAT_ROOT}/webapp/essential_viewer directory :
is the tomcat user able to write files in it ?
harcher

Thanks for the advice. The solution was to change my web/app server. I was using GlassFish. When I changed to Tomcat, everything works now.
Again, thanks for taking the time to reply.
jonathan.carter

Does Glass Fish work in the same way as Tomcat with a deployed WAR file? That is, the WAR is unpacked as a folder structure.

Some background. In version 3, we introduced some cacheing of the XML repository snapshot to improve performance and provide more consistent memory usage. There are also a number of other caches that are used, e.g. by the UML Model script and the model images snapshots. In fact, you can configure the Essential Viewer Engine to clear any cache folders within the web application.

If Glass Fish is trying to run the WAR from the archive (you can configure Tomcat to do this - but it will cause some problems for the Essential Viewer). We require the web application to be running in a folder.

Jonathan
Essential Project Team