Technology_Capability_Usage has wrong Type for a slot

hunter.blacker

Using the Technology_Capability_Usage, I wanted to relate it to the Technology_Capability_Architecture. However the slot for technology_capability_architecture_using_capability has a Type of Technology_Capability_Usage instead of a Type of Technology_Capability_Architecture.

While I've made this change in my copy of the system STANDARD_CLASS for Technology_Capability_Usage, what is the appropriate manner for making the change? Also, what is the frequency of patches/updates for the Meta-Model?

Thanks!
- Hunter
jonathan.carter

Hi Hunter,

Thanks for spotting this one!

Normally, I work from the Capability, create its architecture and then create usages from there (kind of top-down). Thankfully, Protege is happy to let you do this and automatically fills the architecture slot in the usage with the architecture. So, you can work around this. However, you're right, this is a bug and we'll get it into the next release of the meta model.

The easiest way to make this change is to open the Classes tab in Protege and select the Technology Capability Usage class. Double click on the slot in the list and select 'View Top Level Slot'. Then update the Allowed Classes config to remove Technology Capability Usage and add Technology Capability Architecture.

We will fix this as part of an Essential Update Pack, which scripts all of these operations to make sure they are applied consistently.

In terms of how frequently we do this, we try to get something out quarterly and we're packaging up meta model 3.0.5 at the moment. Maybe we can try to get this fix into that release.

Jonathan
Essential Project Team