ev3: bad index for RenderBusinessCapabilityColumn

jmk

String value of business_capability_index are used when sorting capabilities in the following files:

Code: Select all

business/core_bl_bus_cap_model.xsl
enterprise/core_el_programme_summary.xsl
enterprise/core_el_project_summary.xsl
It would be better to coerce this value to number. For example replace

<xsl:sort select="own_slot_value[slot_reference='business_capability_index']/value" />
by

<xsl:sort select="number(own_slot_value[slot_reference='business_capability_index']/value)" />
jonathan.carter

Thanks for this.

Just to make sure. Are you getting an error - the "bad index" error with the current approach?
Essential Project Team
jmk

Just to make sure. Are you getting an error - the "bad index" error with the current approach?
I have no error. Sorry for the wording, what I meant was that capabilities are lexicography ordered instead of numerically. This is a problem when you have more than 9 caps.

Moreover, as the "business_capability_index" slot has an integer type I think it is better to use number() instead of the string value for the sort.
jonathan.carter

Indeed!

Thanks for clarifying. I've added this to our bug list.

Jonathan
Essential Project Team
rungsima

I found this problem in Business Reference Model view (core_bl_bus_cap_model.xsl) and resolved by adding data-type="number" in xsl:sort:

<xsl:sort select="own_slot_value[slot_reference='business_capability_index']/value" data-type="number" />
jonathan.carter

Thanks for posting this error.

We've just released some updated versions of this and some associated views in the Version 4 release but we'll check whether this is still an issue.

Jonathan
Essential Project Team