Installation on Debian

stigbd

First: Thank you for creating the Essential Project. It is an excellent idea, and I am really looking forward to using it.

I am in the process of installing Essential Architecture Manager in a multi-user mode onto my linux box, with Java v1.6, Tomcat 6, Protegé-3.4-rc1.

My question is to step "8.2 Meta Project Definition", subsection "Define the project for the Essential Repository. ": I am told to "Create a new Project instance...".

How do I do that?

Thank you,
Stig B. Dørmænen
jonathan.carter

Hi Stig. Thanks for your question. The documentation for this is being re-worked at the moment as things have changed a bit with the metaproject in Protege 3.4. In the meantime, what you have to do is the following:

To create the new "Project", you are defining your repository to the server.
- Open the metaproject.pprj file as described in the documentation.
- Make sure that you have selected the "Instances" tab
- On the left pane, in the Class Browser, open the "PolicyControlledObject" class and 2 sub-classes will appear:
- Server
- Project

- Select Project and you should see a list of demo projects that are already in the default Protege metaproject, e.g. Collaborative Newspaper, Pizza, Wine
- In the middle pane, "Instance Browser", click on the purple diamond with the 'sparkles' around it - the Create New Instance button.
- Follow the rest of the installation documentation in section 8.2 to complete the definition of your project [the repository for Essential Architecture Manager] to the Protege Server.

Jonathan
Essential Project Team