ECP-10 Management Interest Modelling

jonathan.carter

Requirements
The requirement is to provide the ability to capture a model describing the management interest for any element in the repository, e.g. Business Process, Application Provider, Application Service, Product.

A common example of the aspects of a Management Interest Model would be RACI, which defines stakeholders' relationships to an element in terms of who is Responsible, who is Accountable, who is Consulted and who is Informed.

This ECP will provide the meta model constructs that enable a RACI model and any other Management Interest Model to be defined, managed and reported upon.
Essential Project Team
jonathan.carter

Proposed Solution
Extend the 'stakeholders' relationship between on all EA_Class elements from a straight relationship to either Business_Role or ACTOR_TO_ROLE_RELATION.

The extension will define a new STAKEHOLDER_RELATION class that is connected to the 'stakeholders' slot on EA_Class and to the ACTOR-TO-ROLE-RELATION / Business Role. This relationship class enables the relationship to be optionally qualified, e.g. via a 'management_interest' slot connected to a new Enumeration: Management Interest. Instances of this enumeration will be pre-populated with the RACI values but can be replaced / extended through simple modelling.

In addition, a further optional qualifier 'qualifying_stakeholder_role' slot will be provided to enable the Role that a particular stakeholder is playing in the context of being a stakeholder - a kind of meta-role. e.g. The programme manager for Programme will be defined as an Actor who is playing the Programme Manager role but in that context they may also be the 'Customer' (Business Role) for the Programme.

(See attached meta model class diagram - click to view )
Essential Project Team
mjtapp

Hi Jonathan,

I'm pretty interested in this extension, do you know when it would be available to add into the meta-model?

Thanks

Michael
jonathan.carter

Thanks for your interest.

This ECP isn't going to make Essential Meta Model 4.0 but most likely will start as an optional pack for EMM 3.0.x and 4.0.

Does this cover your requirements or is there anything missing in the proposed extension? We still have this ECP open for requirements gathering but probably it's time to close that and publish a candidate extension for testing.

Jonathan
Essential Project Team
mjtapp

Thanks Jonathan,

No, what you've described gives me what I was looking for I think. Looking forward to the release for testing.

Michael